For best experience please turn on javascript and use a modern browser!
You are using a browser that is no longer supported by Microsoft. Please upgrade your browser. The site may not present itself correctly if you continue browsing.

Projects with external partners

What are external partners or third parties?

Third parties can be researchers at other universities, but also companies or other institutions, such as government agencies, schools or NGOs. If third parties gain access to personal data from UvA researchers, a privacy agreement needs to be drawn up.

How to draw up a privacy agreement?

A privacy agreement can be drawn up with the support of our faculty privacy officer. After registering your project at the Research Management Services portal, you will be asked to fill out a Privacy Protection Review. As soon as you indicate that you will share personal data with third parties, you will receive more detailed questions based on which the privacy officer can assist you in drawing up the right agreement for your project.


Contact the faculty privacy officer at if you have any questions about sharing personal data with external partners.