The Faculty of Humanities of the University of Amsterdam has assumed responsibility for the management of two of these national schools: the Netherlands Graduate School of Linguistics (LOT) and the Dutch Postgraduate School for Art History (OSK). Thirteen further national research schools are hosted by other universities.
LOT - Netherlands Graduate School of Linguistics
Landelijke Onderzoekschool Taalwetenschap
LOT is the acronym of ‘Landelijke Onderzoekschool Taalwetenschap’ and unites 400 faculty members and 150 PhD students, and 150 Research Master students.
OSK - Onderzoekschool Kunstgeschiedenis
Dutch Postgraduate School for Art History
The OSK is a national organization, founded in 1995, which connects several important institutes in the field of art and architectural historical research in the Netherlands.
Additional DLG recognised research schools
Aside from the national research schools, of which the Faculty of Humanities is secretary, the DLG also recognises the following national research schools:
- ARCHON – Interuniversity Research and Graduate School for Archaeology, Netherlands. Secretary: VU, Faculty of Humanities
- Huizinga Instituut - Onderzoekschool voor Cultuurgeschiedenis. Secretary: UU, Faculty of Humanities
- NICA - Netherlands Institute for Cultural Analysis. Secretary: Leiden University, Faculty of Humanities
- NISIS – Netherlands Interuniversity School for Islamic Studies. Secretary: UU, Faculty of Humanities
- NOSTER – The Netherlands School for Advanced Studies in Theology and Religion. Secretary: RU, Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies
- NOG – The Netherlands Research School for Gender Studies. Secretary: UU, Faculty of Humanities
- OIKOS – National Research School in Classical Studies, the Netherlands. Secretary: RUG, Faculty of Arts
- OSL - Onderzoekschool Literatuurwetenschap. Secretary: RUG: Faculty of Arts
- OZSW – National Research School of Ethics. Secretary: Leiden University, Faculty of Philosophy
- OZSMED – National Research School of Medieval Studies. Secretary: Leiden University
Organisation national research schools
In October 2010 the Decanenoverleg Letteren en Geschiedenis (DLG, the partnership of the Deans of Faculties of Arts and Humanities of the Dutch Universities) and the network partnership of national research schools in the humanities (Logos) reached an agreement about the organisation and financing of the national research schools as of January 2011. This agreement can be downloaded via the link below (in Dutch).