Laskaridis Visiting Research Fellowships in Modern Greek Studies
The Faculty of Humanities at the University of Amsterdam annually invites applications for visiting research fellowships in the field of Modern Greek Studies for early-career and more advanced scholars who wish to pursue part of their research at the University of Amsterdam.
Who can apply?
The call is open to projects from all disciplines in the humanities and/or social sciences that engage with aspects of Modern Greek culture and/or history. Scholars pursuing comparative projects that may not focus (exclusively) on Greece but situate Modern Greek culture in broader, transnational contexts are also encouraged to apply. The call for applications is open both for scholars affiliated with other academic institutions (e.g., universities or research institutes) and independent scholars with a Ph.D. Please consult the current call for applications for more detailed information about how to apply.
About the fellowships
- The fellows are expected to be in Amsterdam for the duration of the fellowship and devote their time to research and writing related to their proposed project. The fellows are also expected to give at least one lecture, collaborate with other colleagues at the University of Amsterdam and participate in activities of the Modern Greek Language and Culture group and, more generally, in the intellectual life of the university.
- The research conducted during the period of the fellowship should lead to a concrete output in the form of (part of) a book, scientific article, grant proposal and/or other (to be specified in the application). At the end of the term of the fellowship, the fellows are asked to submit a report on the research and scholarly activities undertaken during the fellowship. The fellows are also asked to acknowledge the fellowship and its sponsor in any publication resulting from research made possible through the fellowship.
- The fellowship does NOT constitute an employment relationship with the University of Amsterdam.
- The University of Amsterdam will provide the fellows with office space as well as access to university facilities and library resources.
- Fellows are responsible for arranging their accommodation, but the University can offer assistance in finding accommodation through the University Housing Service.
For questions concerning the Fellowships, you may contact Prof. Dr. Maria Boletsi at email@example.com.