- Guests contribute to either education or research in the faculty. They have no employment with the UvA, and pay for their stay themselves.
- As a guest researcher, you can draw on the expertise of the research schools, the UvA University Library, and our digital resources.
- Guest researchers have something to offer to the faculty. This can be in the field of research or education, or supportive of education or research.
- The guest has sufficient knowledge of the English language. The guest endorses the principles of the Dutch Code of Conduct for Scientific Integrity (VSNU 2018).
What can you expect?
- You receive a guest account that allows you to use various facilities at the University of Amsterdam, such as access to the Digital Library; Internet access to the UvA domain (also wifi) and you will receive a UvA email account;
- In all cases you have a host: a FGw staff member with a permanent position who acts as a host and is the primary contact person for the guest;
- As a rule, you will not get a workplace;
- The FGW can apply for a visa for you. The application for guest-status must then be submitted at least 3 months in advance.
First of all, determine how your project fits in or contributes to the research school's programme. Choose a host and send him/her an email and a brief proposal for your guest stay. Together with your host, you will present yourself at the research school and there the procedure will be explained.