What are you going to do?
Tasks will include:
- completion and defence of a PhD thesis within the contract period;
- regular presentation of intermediate research results at workshops and conferences;
- participation in the Faculty of Humanities PhD training programme;
- teaching courses at BA-level in the 2nd and 3rd year of the contract (0,2 FTE per year).
What do we ask of you?
- A completed Master’s degree in a field relevant to the proposed PhD project and the research areas of ASH. You may apply if you have not yet completed your Master's degree only if you provide a signed letter from your supervisor stating that you will graduate before 1 September 2021;
- excellent command of English;
- excellent research skills.
NB. If you already hold a Dutch doctorate (or foreign equivalent, such as a PhD) or are working towards obtaining a similar degree elsewhere, you will not be admitted to a doctoral programme at the UvA.
For more information on how to apply, please follow the link below: