ASH Call for Workshop Proposals
ASH invites proposals from ASH PhD candidates (at any stage of their PhD) to organise an activity (taking the form of a workshop, masterclass, etc.) that will benefit their research and help expand their network. Ideally, this activity will be organised by more than one ASH PhD candidate, but individually organised initiatives will also be supported. The maximum budget is €3,000.
- Applicants are ASH PhD candidates
- Workshop topics are relevant to the PhD research of the organiser(s)
- The activity takes place before the end of 2017
- The activity is open to other ASH PhD candidates and/or ASH members
- The activity takes place at the UvA
Proposals should be in English and no more than two pages in length. They should contain:
- Title of the workshop
- Organisers: names, affiliations, and contact details (email, web page, phone) of the workshop organisers, together with a designated contact person
- Topic: a brief description of the topic covered by the workshop
- Workshop Format: this might include paper presentations, a guest lecture, masterclass, demo, and/or a general discussion, including a strategy to facilitate interactive discussions
- The name of guest speaker(s), if relevant
- Proposed length of the workshop: half day, full day
- Audience: who and how many people are likely to attend?
- Rough budget (max. €3000). Eligible costs are travel and subsistence expenses for keynote speakers, catering and hospitality (e.g., borrel).
Proposals can be submitted (in PDF format) continuously until no later than 2 October 2017 11.00 a.m. by email to email@example.com.
Submitted proposal will be reviewed by the ASH director, and if necessary the ASH Advisory Board. We will try hard to financially support proposals that appear well-organised and relevant to the PhD candidates’ research. The decision will be communicated by email to the responsible organiser no later than a week after submission.
Please contact Brigit van der Pas (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.